Do you want to take your communication skills to the next level in a super fun team? Do you want to activate our community with the best events and campaigns? Do you want to work in sustainability and does Amsterdam have a special place in your heart? Then we are looking for you!
The Healthy City is the place for you to gain experience in an organization working to make our capital city more sustainable. As part of the team, you will throw yourself into our projects to create the best content for the city. Furthermore, you will support various campaigns and help organize events. You will also participate in our annual survey, The Healthy City Monitor. This is how you will commit to a sustainable and healthy Amsterdam during your internship!
Who we are looking for
- You are in the final stage of your studies or have just graduated in Marketing & Communication, Social Sciences, Psychology or something similar. You have HBO / WO working and thinking level. You can also do a sustainability-related or planning study, provided you have an interest in communication;
- You are flexible, creative, proactive and curious, have guts and can work independently and plan ahead;
- You enjoy writing and have a fluent pen, with a good command of the Dutch language;
- Experience with various social media is a big plus;
- You are available for 4 days a week from September 2023 to March 2024;
- Because we work citywide, we feel it is important that our team be as diverse as our target audience. We would also like to invite you to apply if you do not fully meet all job requirements or do not yet have much experience beyond your training;
What we offer you
- A fun place to gain work experience, learn a lot and develop yourself further;
- Good guidance to get the most out of your time with us;
- An introduction to Amsterdam's sustainable world and the chance to network extensively;
- An informal working atmosphere in an enthusiastic team;
- A workplace in the most beautiful building in Amsterdam, the KIT (Het Tropeninstituut)
- An internship allowance of €300 per month based on 4 working days.
About The Healthy City
The Healthy City is a foundation that makes Amsterdam sustainable and healthy. We do this by launching projects and organizing events and campaigns together with a community of Amsterdam residents and other leaders from the city. We do this throughout the city: from New West to Southeast, from North to South.
Interested in the internship?
Send your resume (max. 2 A4) and cover letter (max. 1 A4) merged into one pdf file titled "FORENAME_ACHTERNAAM_communication internship by Friday, May 19 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Interviews will take place on Wednesday, May 31 (option: June 6). If needed, there will be a second round of interviews on June 8.
For questions, please contact Carmen, send an email to email@example.com .
Acquisition following this vacancy is not appreciated.
The Healthy City is concerned with making Amsterdam more sustainable by encouraging Amsterdammers to live healthier and more sustainable lives.