Are you good at writing texts, thinking strategically and working independently? Would you like to motivate and support students, teachers and school boards on the topic of sustainability? And would you like to gain experience in the field of positive behavioral change and climate? Then this is the internship for you!
About SME and Eco-Schools
SME is a sustainability consultancy that encourages people to think and act sustainably. We do this based on the conviction that behavioral change is essential in sustainable transitions. With twenty committed employees we work from our office in Utrecht on a sustainable society. We specialize in the field of education and participation.
The international Eco-School program is coordinated in the Netherlands by SME. In the Netherlands there are 170 schools participating in Eco-Schools, from elementary school to secondary schools and mbo's. These schools are constantly working on making their schools more sustainable. The program works with "student-led change" where ideas come from pupils and students, and students work together with teachers to make it happen. Schools choose the sustainable themes they want to focus on: biodiversity, climate adaptation and food to the social environment, diversity and inclusion and energy.
About the internship
From day one of your internship you will belong to SME and support team Eco-Schools initially with communication, but also with event organization, marketing and acquisition. During your internship you can put all your organizational and communication skills to use. All this with the aim of increasing the brand awareness of Eco-Schools, raising its profile and growing the program. For example:
- Creating content (interviews, blogs, tip lists) for the website eco-schools.nl and the social media channels Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin. The content includes the ten themes of Eco-Schools, behavioral tips and interesting developments about climate;
- Thinking along and helping to make Eco-School campaigns successful;
- Helping with the all-round organization of the Eco-School program, for example organizing the inspiration day for all Eco-schools or webinars;
- Thinking along on how to reach and motivate schools to participate; we want to double participation and would like to make this happen with you.
- Establish and maintain contact with potential participating schools for Eco-Schools.
Your range of duties is diverse: from writing articles to engaging supporters, to learning about behavior change and motivating youth and children. This means that the work is very varied, but also that you are good at planning your work and can switch between different projects.
- You are following an HBO or WO study in the direction of, for example, communication, marketing or journalism. A study in the field of sustainability is also possible if you have an affinity for communication.
- You are looking for a collaborative internship for 3-5 days a week (minimum 5 months), starting in September 2023 (starting earlier is also possible).
- You enjoy writing texts and master the Dutch language both verbally and in writing.
- You have broad communication skills: from strategic planning to execution.
- You have an affinity for sustainability in education.
- You work proactively and can work independently.
- Designing within Photoshop, Indesign or Canva is a bonus.
What we offer
- A varied internship in which you can develop as a professional in different areas: both in communication and content about sustainable education.
- Besides Eco-Schools, if there is space, you can also spend some of your time on other communication tasks, such as creating content for SME. We will shape this together in consultation.
- We take your input and ideas seriously, but also provide proper guidance to implement them.
- An internship stipend of €150 per month based on 5 days.
- Enthusiastic and committed colleagues.
Are you excited about this internship? Then email your CV and motivation no later than May 20, 2023 to Sarah Herforth at firstname.lastname@example.org SME is committed to a diverse organization, so we invite anyone who recognizes themselves in this position to apply.
For questions about the position, please contact Sarah Herforth: email@example.com (for communication and counseling) or Ruth Pasternak: firstname.lastname@example.org (for contents Eco-School program)
The entire Eco-School program revolves around the SDGs.
see text above.
- 24-40 hours