Do you want to make a real impact with your analytical skills? Do you want to contribute to a clean energy transition? Are you passionate about the impacts of energy and infrastructure from economic, to environmental and social? Do you want to develop yourself in the growing field of impact measurement and be part of an ambitious and driven organization?
We are currently looking for a motivated analyst internal to join our Energy, Water and Infrastructure team to support our projects and products.
- You work closely with Energy, Water and Infrastructure team members on internal and client projects with regular team check-ins. At the start, you will do supplementary analysis under close supervision, as it involves client work. Soon you will get more responsibilities and support throughout all phases of a project's cycle.
- You support our consultancy projects by:
- Contributing to quantitative analyses on environmental, social and economic benefits and costs based on primary and secondary data.
- Conducting economic and business analyses to formulate and assess projects that companies can do to profitably improve their impact
- Working together with our data, software and research teams
- You perform research for our Energy, Water and Infrastructure impact data solutions, e.g. to enrich our impact estimates for several energy technologies, such as wind, solar and gas.
What do we offer?
A dynamic, flexible and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture.
- A 6-month full-time internship, 32-40 hours per week
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team training, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network (partner organizations, board members)
- A compensation of €385 per month for interns with a completed Bachelor's degree, €605 per month for Interns with a completed Master's degree and commuting costs up to €275 per month, based on a full-time internship
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Functional work areas: Impact, Sustainability, Strategy, Economics, Environment, Life cycle assessment and Finance.
- Additional benefits: Laptop
You are looking for a hands-on professional experience in a stimulating environment, where you will learn a lot and get the opportunity to work on projects that have an impact. You want an internship at a social enterprise that works on the basis of solid analysis, sustainable innovation and transparency. You are looking for an opportunity to learn about and contribute to a cutting-edge field that meets a fast growing demand among private, public and non-governmental sector organizations worldwide.
- Completed BSc degree and working toward an MSc degree.
- Energy and/or quantitative background (coursework in (sustainable) energy, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, physics, information sciences, life cycle assessment and/or industrial ecology)
- Affinity with sustainable development, business consulting, economics, social or environmental sciences.
- Experience with programming and databases is a plus
- Ability to work hard in a professional setting
- Ambitious person with a drive to improve the world
- Independent, accurate, results-oriented and problem solver
- Ability to communicate about technical issues with people without a technical background,
- Ability to write in English and Dutch at academic level
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades to email@example.com. We accept applications on a rolling basis with starting date around February. Earlier or later start can be discussed.
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
Who are we?
Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission is to empower organizations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open-source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards.
We provide organisations - multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments - with the information needed to optimize their positive impact, to create sustainable business models, innovate and manage their key stakeholders properly. Please read our vision and mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
- 32 of 40
- energy transition