About our company
Easy Housing is an impact-driven start-up that has developed a sustainable affordable housing concept for emerging economies. Our vision is that affordable wooden housing will play a fundamental role in reaching the climate emission targets of the Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (especially SDGs 11, 13, 12 and 3).
Our building technology is completely circular, carbon neutral, and based on sustainable timber. In addition, it is resistant to natural disasters and energy efficient. To ensure cultural integration and affordability, we always work together with local partners and stakeholders. Due to its standardized and flexible design, the homes can be adapted to any context and local requirements anywhere in the world.
Founded in 2020, Easy Housing is growing fast. The prototype in Hilversum was realized during the summer of 2020 as our proof of concept. In November and December 2021, Easy Housing built its first international pilot project in Beira, Mozambique. In February 2022, we completed our first project in Arua, Uganda. In September 2022, we completed our first humanitarian project in Rhino Camp refugee settlement in Uganda. Currently Easy Housing is exploring several different leads and potential projects in Ghana, Uganda, Mozambique and Indonesia, among other countries.
We are looking for motivated and idealistic students that can help us scale up our mission!
Easy Housing is looking for several students to contribute to these expansion plans and to work together in a team setting to advance our impact. As part of the Business Development Team, you will be working on a mix of the following things:
- Business development of our concept and company
- Exploring potential partnerships with companies and organisations
- Conducting market research and defining potential markets
- Analyzing global trends in affordable sustainable housing
- Stakeholder analysis, study policy trends
- Looking for (pilot) projects in international markets
- Looking for subsidies, grants, other funds that could be applicable
- Marketing and social media content creation
- Master student with relevant (study) background, such as international development studies, development economics, or similar
- Internationally oriented
- Autonomous and intrinsically motivated
- Affinity with sustainability, housing, and international development
- Proactive and assertive mindset
- Not afraid to call and mail new people and organizations
- Fluency in English, both written and verbally
What do you get in return?
- An amazing opportunity to learn about international entrepreneurship
- Learn about affordable sustainable housing, climate change and international development
- Work in a diverse team with people from all over the world
- Direct supervision and coaching of the founders
- Lot of freedom to shape your own internship targets
- Lot of autonomy in how you carry out your work
- Potential future compensation bonus
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Build up professional working experience and network
- Location: working from home/flexible
- Internship length: 4 - 6 months
- Internship period: Flexible throughout 2023/24 (preferably from January/February till June/July, or August/September till December/January)
- Team size: about 10 team members, including the founders, employees and other interns.
- Supervision: Several digital sessions per week to discuss progress and evaluation.
Do you want to apply?
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com and we will soon get back to you!