At The Hague Humanity Hub we are looking for interns to join our team from March 1, 2024 to August 31, 2024.
About the internship
Are you looking to gain practical experience with real responsibilities at a mission-driven non-profit at the heart of The Hague's peace & justice community? Are you a motivated, multi-talented student who is well organized, gets things done and knows how to communicate effectively? Are you interested in actively helping us grow and engage our community of professionals striving for a peaceful and just world?
If this sounds like you, join our international and dynamic team! Next to supporting our team, you will help the development of a diverse community and help members make valuable connections, be creative by developing and implementing new projects, and work closely with and support the rest of our lovely team in other areas where needed. This internship gives you the chance to gain practical experience, network with leading professionals in the sector, and help map your next career moves!
We are offering a number of positions in the following areas:
- Meetings & Events Management
- Communications & Marketing
- Programs - Just Peace, Community & Ecosystem
- Community Development
About the Hub
The Hague Humanity Hub is a not-for-profit foundation that supports and strengthens the ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world. We facilitate connections and innovation by offering the necessary ingredients for chance encounters, new alliances, inspirational collaborations, and the exchange of knowledge. We do this in three ways: build and support an active and professional community of diverse members; co-create innovative community-led programs with, by and for members; offer the community a home to meet and connect. In a nutshell, we bring the peace and justice community together.
What you will do
Depending on the role you choose, you will take on some of the following tasks. You can find a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities for each role on our website.
- Support the organization of key Hub programs and events (e.g. peace&justice café, Just Peace, Talent for Good fair, Cyber Secure The Hague)
- Coordinate programs within the Hub's ecosystem and community programming portfolio (e.g. Meet & Greet, Democracy Drinks, the Handshake, Fireside Peace Chats)
- Organize community-building activities and coordinate community events (e.g. knowledge sharing sessions, member drinks, Meet & Greets)
- Act as a host for prospective members, support membership sales and the acquisition of new members
- Handle reservations process for bookings of our space from request to event/meeting execution
- Provide outstanding service to customers with regard to booking and organizing meetings and events
- Manage the Hub's social media platforms and newsletters, schedule and create content to build audience and engage followers
- Write copy and produce visual content for a variety of mediums including our blog and social media
- Research, build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, partners, potential members, customers and speakers
What you bring
- Role specific requirements, e.g. experience with event management and facilitation; demonstrated interest in event planning and affinity with sales; experience with producing written and visual content and managing communication channels
- You are fluent in English and can (ideally) communicate in Dutch
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and verbally
- A genuine interest in the Humanity Hub's community and ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world
- A curious, friendly personality with the ability to stay calm, responsive and solution oriented
- You are punctual, well-organized, proactive and can multi-task
- A flexible, can-do attitude, ready to jump between tasks and help where needed, and suggest improvements.
- You are able to work independently as well as collaborate within a team. You welcome feedback and use it to improve and learn.
- Available for flexible working hours to support events as required.
- You are currently enrolled in an academic program: you are in the final stages of your studies in a relevant field (for example, but not limited to: International Relations, International Law, Political Sciences, Hospitality, Public Relations, Communication, Business Management, Development Studies)
- You must be enrolled in an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship period
- You are legally allowed to do an internship in the Netherlands
- You are living in, or near, The Hague
- You must be able to work at least 4 days per week (32 hours)
What we offer
- An internship position of 32 working hours per week (4 days) for a period of 6 months at the Humanity Hub
- An internship allowance of €500 per month, based on 40 hours a week
- Paid holiday allowance (depending on how many hours you work: 8 days based on 32 hours per week)
- The possibility of part-time hybrid working (usually 25% of your working hours)
- 25% discount on all food & beverage at the Hub Cafe
- Free attendance to events and workshops
- The chance to build a network with leading innovators from the ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world
- A great learning opportunity to develop your professional and social skills in a challenging yet rewarding environment
- Take a proactive role in developing the Hub from a communications point of view
- Guidance throughout your internship and potentially valuable input for your thesis topic
- An energetic and purpose-driven organizational culture in a vibrant workspace with a diverse group of colleagues
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new intern? Then we'd love to hear from you! Please follow these steps:
- Review the complete descriptions on our website for the internship roles you are interested in.
- Apply using the form found at the link on the website
- Send us your CV (details in the application form)
Only complete applications will be considered. Applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis before and after the deadline. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Being an SDG House reinforces The Hague Humanity Hub purpose; to support and strengthen the ecosystem of diverse actors working for a more peaceful and just world. Facilitating connections and collaboration between so many different organizations working on the many facets of peace and justice can be challenging. So, we asked ourselves what's the common thread? The 2030 Global Goals Agenda that was established by the United Nations - the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), is built on the principle of "leaving no one behind", and they provide a common language and roadmap - for all of us - towards creating a better and more sustainable future for all.
- Manager, university level