Are you looking for a challenging internship where you can make a big impact with your passion for sustainability? Then read on quickly!
As a supermarket chain, we have a big impact on the world around us. That is why we have been consciously committed to sustainability for years. To realize our sustainable ambitions, we work intensively with suppliers and social organizations. We take a critical look at making our assortment more sustainable, at the way we build our stores and at the waste of food and raw materials. By making choices that are better for people, animals and the environment, we make sustainable and healthy products affordable and accessible to everyone. This is how we increase our positive impact! Guts and decisiveness distinguish Lidl in this. For example, we are the first supermarket to stop selling tobacco, all stores in the Netherlands are off gas and we believe in a waste-free future.
As an intern in the Sustainability department, you will make an important contribution to putting our sustainability policy into practice. From sustainable purchasing policy to food waste, together with the sustainability team you will ensure that corporate responsibility is alive throughout the organization and that steps are taken organization-wide. You will work closely with other departments.
You can think of the following tasks:
- Conduct short analyses on various themes, which can be used as input for drafting new policies around sustainability.
- Conduct projects around sustainability in collaboration with other departments, for example on the themes of food waste, biodiversity, the protein transition and climate.
- Assist in evaluating projects and monitoring our sustainability goals.
- Support sustainability communications to our employees, customers and stakeholders.
You are curious and eager to learn more about various sustainability topics. You are enthusiastic and entrepreneurial. You like to work in a goal-oriented way and know how to act when necessary. You do not wait but investigate, ask and do. You feel at home in a no-nonsense culture and you get energy from working in a dynamic environment. With your positive approach you make sure that you can convey ideas well and that you can easily get others on board.
Furthermore, you meet the following requirements:
- You have an affinity for and basic knowledge of sustainability
- You are pursuing a college or university degree. Preferably you are pursuing a degree in sustainability or business administration.
- You will be available for 4-6 months starting February 1, 2023.
- The unique opportunity to work within a growing department at a large international organization.
- Lots of responsibility and room for own initiative.
- You will be well supervised and receive an internship stipend.
As the largest supermarket chain in Europe, we operate in 31 countries. In the Netherlands we have more than 21,000 employees in 440 stores. We put the customer first and have an eye for sustainability, for example by including more and more organic, animal-friendly and sustainable products in our assortment and by building the most sustainable distribution centers in the Netherlands. This commitment also extends to our employees. Lidl ensures a healthy work-life balance, sufficient growth and development opportunities and of course the right remuneration. In addition, diversity and inclusion are high on Lidl's agenda, so that everyone gets equal opportunities and can develop and we prevent discrimination. Together we make Lidl!
We are looking forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding this vacancy please contact our recruiter Demi Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-81515525.
- HBO / WO