Do you have a heart for human rights, our democracy and an inclusive society? Are you a good storyteller with a strong eye for text, detail, layout and images? Do you effortlessly write catchy text in English and Dutch? When you see our posts on social media, do you think: I can do much better?
Then apply now for an internship Communication, Community & Design at Humanity in Action Netherlands. We offer an internship to as of ideally Feb. 13, 2023 (32 hours per week, working days by arrangement).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enterprising student to join our team with great enthusiasm. You produce visuals, publications and posts on our social media without hesitation and with pleasure. You know how to creatively stimulate our social media community and possess excellent writing skills in Dutch and English. You have a strong interest in our field. You work well in a team and independently. You are precise and careful and switch easily between different activities. You have experience with WordPress, Canva, and Pages. You navigate Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter with ease and have knowledge of their various functions and how algorithms work. Experience with Content Cal, web design, and graphic design is a plus. It helps if you have a great sense of responsibility and are flexible.
- You will support the execution of our external communications strategy;
- You will be responsible for maintaining and editing texts for our national website;
- You will support the creation of external publications and fund requests;
- You will be co-responsible for Humanity in Action Netherlands' social media messaging and community management on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and increasing our reach on social media.
- You will support in writing, editing and formatting text and images for the Humanity in Action Netherlands website, fund applications and external publications;
- You will create and publish creative content on the Humanity in Action Netherlands social media channels. For this you will regularly work with our international colleagues (Did you know that all Humanity offices in Europe and the United States together address a community of about 50,000 people?);
- You will take care of other support, logistical and administrative tasks and activities as requested.
What do we offer?
At Humanity in Action Netherlands we encourage you to be proactive. As an intern you will have many responsibilities of your own within our growing team and thus the space to learn a lot. Besides an educational internship experience, we offer you a modest monthly stipend.
Humanity in Action Netherlands educates, inspires and connects scholars, students and recent graduates and young professionals on human rights, democracy and an inclusive society.
How to apply.
Applications may up to and including Friday, Jan. 13, 2023 are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn our Program Manager, Karlijn Limaheluw. In addition to your CV, we would like to receive a motivation letter or video (maximum 1 A4 and maximum 90 seconds) with the reference 'Internship Communication, Community & Design'. The interviews will take place online in the third or last week of January.