Nationale Opera & Ballet is one of the largest Dutch cultural organizations and is located in Amsterdam. With us, the magic happens on stage. With over 600 colleagues of 30 nationalities, we work together every day to create great opera and ballet productions. Every detail counts, which is why we value craftsmanship in every part of our organization. It is our mission to enrich the lives of as many people as possible with the wonder, beauty and meaning of opera and ballet. Do you want to contribute to this?
National Opera and Ballet is proud of its BREEAM certification and is committed to becoming more sustainable. Our commitment to sustainability extends across our buildings, operations and productions. We have initiated several projects to achieve this, including:
- Calculating the carbon footprint of our entire organization in 2023.
- Research sustainable suppliers for food & beverage, flowers and other specific purchasing needs.
- Support for internal communications and meetings focused on sustainability.
- The recertification of our theater building to BREEAM standards.
- Monitoring and evaluation of Opera and Ballet productions with respect to sustainability.
What will you do?
As a sustainability intern, you will play an important role in supporting our sustainability coordinator on various projects. Your contribution will help us develop a sustainability policy, both for our productions and events and for our entire organization. During this internship you will deal with, among other things:
- You will have the opportunity to independently research sustainable suppliers. Here you will work closely with fellow buyers, you will be in contact with current suppliers to find out their sustainability analysis. In addition, you will identify potential new suppliers for National Opera and Ballet.
- To calculate the carbon footprint of our entire organization in 2023, you will be responsible for collecting data from all relevant departments. You will critically review the data provided and then enter it into our environmental barometer, an online monitoring tool.
- You will take a proactive role in communicating the progress of sustainability on our internal communication platform. You will also support the sustainability coordinator and the internal communications department in organizing meetings for our employees.
- You will assist the sustainability coordinator in preparing the BREEAM recertification of our theater building.
Who are you?
We are looking for an intern from January/February 2024 who has a proactive, flexible and entrepreneurial attitude. You are good at planning and organizing and you are motivated to make National Opera & Ballet more sustainable. We also believe it is important that you are a go-getter and take responsibility for the results of your projects.
For more information about this internship, please contact Julie Fuchs, sustainability coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- sustainability coordinator