Are you a strategic thinker at heart? Then this internship position is for you!
INTERNSHIP STRATEGY & DEVELOPMENT (March/April - June/July 2024)
Doctors of the World
Everyone has the right to care. Worldwide and also in the Netherlands Dokters van de Wereld sees people every day who do not have access to a doctor. We bring change here because our medical volunteers provide care and support people in access to a doctor or hospital. We also advocate for changes in policy so that everyone at home and abroad has access to care. We talk to healthcare professionals, ask for media attention and raise issues with politicians.
Are you looking for An internship in which you make a clear contribution to the strategy and organizational development of Dokters van de Wereld? Then this is the right place! You will have influence, freedom and room for your own initiative.
Your duties include:
- Participate in thinking and shaping the process of arriving at a 2025-2030 multi-year strategy of Doctors of the World.
- Provide internal communications to get and keep all departments involved in the process regarding the multi-year strategy.
- Prepare and facilitate consultations/workshops to gather information and input.
- Help prepare SWOT analyses and environmental analyses.
- Support in the development of compliance management, OR and governance.
We cordially invite you to respond if you:
- Doing or have completed studies at the college or university level.
- Are a proactive entrepreneurial person with good writing skills in Dutch.
- Have analytical ability with interest in strategy, organizational development, purpose and impact making of the organization.
What do we offer you?
A great work experience from our office right in the center of Amsterdam. Of course you can also work partly from home. You will be welcomed and guided by a driven and collegial team within an informal organization. You will receive an internship allowance and reimbursement of travel expenses. We organize annual training and workshops, a staff outing and other meetings, in which you can participate, so you can deepen your content and build a network both within Dokters van de Wereld and at organizations we work with.
Is this your ideal internship? Then respond via our website: Doctors of the World | STAGE STRATEGY & DEVELOPMENT. We would like to receive your CV and cover letter for February 19 2024. For more information about this internship, please contact Steyn Burger at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the work of Doctors of the World see: www.doktersvandewereld.org
- 24-32 hours per week