Do you want to improve your communication skills in a super fun team? Do you find it interesting to find out the coolest stories and translate them into appealing images and texts? Are you interested in sustainability and does Amsterdam have a special place in your heart? Then we are looking for you!
This versatile internship is the place for you to gain experience in communications. As part of the team, you will throw yourself into our projects to create the best content for the city. Furthermore, you will support various campaigns and events, all to make Amsterdam sustainable and healthy!
Who we are looking for
- You are handy with different types of social media;
- You are flexible, creative, proactive and curious, have guts and can work independently and plan ahead;
- You enjoy writing and have a fluent, informal writing style;
- You can think narratively, in words and images;
- You have an interest in (social) sustainability and urban development;
- Experience with visual content design is a big plus;
- You are available for 4 days per week from March 2024 to September 2024
- You are in the final stage of your studies or have just graduated in marketing & communications, content marketing, social sciences, (applied) psychology, journalism or something similar;
- Because we work citywide, we feel it is important that our team be as diverse as our target audience. We would also like to invite you to apply if you do not fully meet all job requirements or do not yet have much experience beyond your training.
What we offer you
- A fun place to gain work experience, learn a lot and develop yourself further;
- Good guidance to get the most out of your time with us;
- An introduction to Amsterdam's sustainable world and our network;
- An informal working atmosphere in an enthusiastic team;
- An internship allowance of €300 per month based on 4 working days;
- A workplace in the most beautiful building in Amsterdam, the KIT (Het Tropeninstituut).
What you will do
As a content creator, you will spend much of your day conceiving, creating and posting the most fun content for our community.
- Content creation: you will create inspiring content for our website, digital newsletter and social media channels about sustainable developments in the city and tips & tricks on how to organize your life more sustainably. We give you the freedom to contribute ideas, go out on your own and translate them into appealing text and images. You take the initiative to increase our visibility on social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Tiktok, and keep up to date with other innovative platforms.
- Support in project communications and campaigns: you will help us come up with content and actions that will help us generate more visibility for our projects and thus recruit more participants or create awareness.
- Events: You will work with us to make sure that our events and workshops reach a large group of Amsterdam residents!
About The Healthy City
The Healthy City is a foundation that makes Amsterdam sustainable and healthy. We do this by working with a community of Amsterdam residents and other frontrunners in the city to start projects, organize events or campaigns. We do this throughout the city: from New West to Southeast, from North to South.
Interested in the internship?
Send your resume (max. 2 A4) and cover letter (max. 1 A4) merged into one pdf file titled "FORENAME_ACHTERNAAM_communication internship no later than Monday, December 18 to email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 10 (option: Jan. 11) 2024. If needed, a second round of interviews will take place on Jan. 17, 2024.
For questions, please contact Carmen, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition following this vacancy is not appreciated.
The Healthy City is concerned with making Amsterdam more sustainable by encouraging Amsterdammers to live healthier and more sustainable lives.