The communications and community internship at The Healthy City is the place for you to gain experience in an organization working to make our city more sustainable. As part of the team, you will throw yourself into our projects to create the best content for the city. Furthermore, you will support various campaigns and help organize (online) events, all to make Amsterdam sustainable and healthy!
What exactly will you be doing in this internship?
- Content creation: you will create fun and inspiring content for our website, digital newsletter and social media channels about sustainable developments in the city and about tips & tricks on how to organize your life more sustainably. We give you the freedom to contribute ideas, go out on your own and translate them into appealing text and images.
- Support in project communications and campaigns: you will help us come up with content and actions that will help us generate more visibility for our projects and thus recruit more participants or create awareness.
- Organizing and producing (online) events: You will put maximum effort together with us to make sure that our (online) events and workshops are carefully arranged down to the last detail!
Who we are looking for
- Because we work citywide, we feel it is important that our team be as diverse as our target audience. We would also like to invite you to apply if you do not fully meet all job requirements or do not yet have much experience beyond your training;
- You are in the final stage of your studies or just graduated in studies in Marketing & Communication, Social Sciences, Psychology or similar, HBO / WO working and thinking level. You can also study sustainability or planning, provided you have an interest in communication;
- You are flexible, creative, proactive and curious, have guts and can work independently and plan ahead;
- You enjoy writing and have a fluent pen, with a good command of the Dutch language;
- Experience with various social media is a big plus;
- Available for 4 days per week from February 2023 to July 2023.
What we offer you
- A fun place to gain work experience, learn a lot and develop yourself further;
- Good guidance to get the most out of your time with us;
- An introduction to Amsterdam's sustainable world and the chance to network extensively;
- An informal working atmosphere in an enthusiastic team;
- A workplace in the most beautiful building in Amsterdam, the KIT (Het Tropeninstituut)
- An internship allowance of €300 per month based on 4 working days.
About The Healthy City
The Healthy City is a foundation that makes Amsterdam sustainable and healthy. We do this by launching projects and organizing events and campaigns together with a community of Amsterdam residents and other leaders from the city. We do this throughout the city: from New West to Southeast, from North to South.
Interested in the internship?
You can apply until Thursday, December 1. Send your resume (max. 2 A4) and motivation letter (max. 1 A4) merged in one pdf-file titled "FORENAME_ACHTERNAAM_communication internship to email@example.com. The sooner the better, because suitable candidates will call us immediately! Application interviews will take place online or at KIT.
For questions, please contact Carmen, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition following this vacancy is not appreciated.
The Healthy City is concerned with making Amsterdam more sustainable by encouraging Amsterdammers to live healthier and more sustainable lives.