Do you want to gain work experience in a super fun team? Are you a go-getter who wants to work practically on themes such as (social) sustainability, resident participation and greening the city? And does Amsterdam have a warm place in your heart? Then we are looking for you!
The internship for Project Officer Trees for Amsterdam is the place for you to gain experience in an organization working to make our city more sustainable. With Trees for Amsterdam We hand out thousands of trees every year to transform the city into an urban forest. You will rotate in the team and perform varied work, under the supervision of a project leader.
Who we are looking for
- You are in the final stage of your HBO or WO degree or have just graduated - we will tailor the internship to your learning level and interests;
- You are entrepreneurial, flexible, dare to show initiative and are able to plan and organize in a structured way;
- You also feel comfortable approaching (potential) partner organizations;
- You have an interest in (social) sustainability and urban development;
- You have ideas on how to make our projects for all Amsterdam residents;
- Being familiar with Amsterdam is a plus;
- You are available for 4 days a week from September 2023 to March 2024;
- Because we work citywide, we feel it is important that our team be as diverse as our target audience. We would also like to invite you to apply if you do not fully meet all job requirements or do not yet have a lot of experience outside of your education. You are in the final stages of your education or have just graduated;
What we offer you
- A fun place to gain work experience in an informal work atmosphere, learn a lot, develop yourself and have a great time with the enthusiastic team;
- Good guidance to get the most out of your time with us;
- A workplace in the most beautiful building in Amsterdam, the KIT (Tropical Institute) at Oosterpark;
- An introduction to Amsterdam's sustainable world and the chance to network extensively;
- An internship allowance of €300 per month based on 4 working days.
What exactly will you be doing during this internship?
As an intern project employee Trees for Amsterdam, you will help Amsterdam residents plant trees and thus green the city. As an intern, you will help with the organization, communication and evaluation of the Trees for Amsterdam actions.
Furthermore, you will help activate the neighborhood, organize events and trainings, come up with project ideas, and contribute to communication. You will also work with your fellow interns in the one and only Tropical Garden.
About The Healthy City
The Healthy City is a foundation that makes Amsterdam sustainable and healthy. We do this by launching projects and organizing events and campaigns together with a community of Amsterdam residents and other leaders from the city. We do this throughout the city: from New West to Southeast, from North to South.
Interested in the internship?
Send your resume (max. 2 A4) and cover letter (max. 1 A4) merged into one pdf file titled "FORENAME_ACHTERNAAM_communication internship by Friday, May 19 to email@example.com . Interviews will take place on Wednesday, May 31 (option: June 6). If needed, there will be a second round of interviews on June 8.
For questions, please contact Carmen, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Acquisition following this vacancy is not appreciated.
The Healthy City is concerned with making Amsterdam more sustainable by encouraging Amsterdammers to live healthier and more sustainable lives.