Would you like to use your organizational talent to help realize a different refugee policy in the Netherlands? In addition, would you like to gain experience developing a project and working at an NGO? Come do an internship at the Hague-based NGO Justice & Peace!
Justice & Peace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people who can bring diversity to our team. We encourage applicants with migration/refugee backgrounds to apply.
Justice & Peace is the initiator and coordinator of Together Here. Samen Hier wants refugees to be able to (continue to) come to the Netherlands through safe routes, and is building a movement in several Dutch cities and villages in which citizens take on a major role to contribute to this, through community sponsorship. In 2019, we launched a pilot in which we paired forty Samen Hier groups of five friends or acquaintances with a refugee (family). For one year, the groups contributed their time, knowledge and networks to support newcomers in building a new life. Meanwhile, several Samen Hier variants have been developed and in 2023 we will start setting up a new variant specifically aimed at supporting Ukrainian newcomers in the Haaglanden region.
To support this project, we are looking for a:
Project Development Intern Together Here
32 hours per week
Start date: January 2023, for a period of 6 months
We offer an internship stipend
You will participate in the development and implementation of an innovative project and support Justice & Peace's migration team to successfully establish the project. This is a new project within Justice & Peace's Migration & Human Rights program. The internship includes various activities, what will you do?
- You investigate whether and how the Samen Hier methodology should be adapted for the target group Ukrainians in the Haaglanden region;
- You will work closely with the project officer from Together Here to ensure that the various activities are carried out according to project plan;
- Based on your research, adapt existing materials for the target audience;
- You will organize recruitment activities and contribute to recruitment campaigns to recruit both Dutch group members, and Ukrainian participants...;
- You will assist in the organization of recruitment, intake interviews, training and events;
- You look for interesting, low-threshold activities and relevant offerings in the Haaglanden region that we share with Samen Hier participants through the newsletter and social media channels;
- You will support the creation of a pool of community builders: contact persons who serve as a bridge between the newcomers and the Dutch in the group. They speak both Dutch, and Ukrainian and support with any cultural differences between the two;
- You will maintain regular contact with our pool of community builders;
- You will think with the migration team about possible improvements to Together Here;
- Other activities that occur during the internship period; it is a small and flexible team!
- At least third-year college/WO student in a relevant program (such as Migration Studies, Public Administration, Migration Law, or (Event) Management) with strong organizational skills;
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills (spoken and written;
- Affinity with the work of Justice & Peace and with migration issues in particular;
- You bring energy; you enjoy working on new things and take a proactive approach;
- you like to move quickly, can work independently, and enjoy pioneering;
- Speaking Ukrainian is a plus.
We offer you:
- Good working atmosphere in a small team where hard work and having fun go hand in hand;
- Opportunity to learn about the many organizations and people working for refugees and human rights;
- Internship compensation at €355.56 gross per month (based on 32 hours);
- Full travel reimbursement (2e class);
- A part-time workplace at our great office in The Hague city center.
About Justice & Peace
Justice & Peace Netherlands is a non-profit organization based in The Hague that works to promote human rights and social justice globally and in the Netherlands. To achieve this, we focus on pragmatic, positive and impactful approaches at the local level. With our innovative projects and initiatives such as Shelter City and Together Here we are creating new ways to bring local change makers together and empower them to contribute to sustainable, just and welcoming societies.
Are you interested? Send your cover letter with resume to Liselot van Zantvoort no later than December 18, 2022, at the email address: vacature[at]justiceandpeace.nl. Mention that you want to be considered for the position 'Intern Project Development Together Here'. Interviews will take place the week of December 19.
For more information contact Carlijn den Boer (carlijn.den.boer[at]justiceandpeace.com).