Do you want to create impactful and educational public events and programs at the intersection of human rights, democracy and an inclusive society? Do you have good organization and production skills? Do you work systematically and with an eye for detail? And are you creative, flexible and stress-resistant? Then apply now for the internship Public & Educational Programs at Humanity in Action Netherlands.
About Humanity in Action
Humanity in Action is an educational non -profit organization. We advocate for a society with strong rule of law. Humanity in Action informs, connects and inspires a new generation of thinkers and doers to engage in dialogue and action for human rights, democracy and an inclusive society. We do this by organizing education programs (our Fellowships), public events and trainings.
Humanity in Action Netherlands is part of the international Humanity in Action network with offices in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Germany, Poland and the United States. Over the past 20 years, we have built an international network of over 2,600 committed human rights advocates.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enterprising student who will join our team with great enthusiasm and an interest in the themes we work on. You are verbally and written strong (both in Dutch and English) and you have experience with programs such as Mailchimp, Keynote, Pages, Canva and WordPress. You can function well in a team as well as work independently. You are precise, meticulous and switch easily between varied tasks. It helps if you have excellent social, communication, organizational and administrative skills and a great sense of responsibility. Experience with the production of virtual programs is a plus.
- You will support the content design, production and evaluation of our (virtual) educational programming. You will be closely involved in organizing the Fellowship, other educational programs, trainings and public events;
- You will carry the administrative reporting and with great diligence create all preparatory documents for programs and events;
- You will help think through how we communicate our programs to the outside world and how we ensure we have a wide reach;
- You will support contact with suppliers, speakers, participants and other invitees;
- You provide content support to (fundraising) publications and processes.
- You, along with our Program Manager, will handle participant recruitment for our educational programs and public events;
- You support the content design of the programming. For example, you do preliminary research and approach potential speakers;
- You will support the production of programming. You help us ensure that programming runs smoothly. You commit to preparing scripts, to timetables to presentations;
- You will prepare program evaluations and collect data for impact reports;
- You will take care of other support, logistical and administrative tasks and activities as requested.
- You will support the Social Media intern and our Social Media Manager in creating content for our Social Media channels and maintaining our website.
What do we offer?
We offer an internship starting from early September 2023 For 5 to possibly 11 months (32 hours per week). The internship is subject to a monthly stipend of 300 euros.
You will join a small team with an open and informal atmosphere. As an intern, you will have many responsibilities of your own and thus the space to learn a lot. There is also plenty of room for your own initiative and creativity to develop our programs and set up new programming.
How to apply.
Applications are welcome until Friday, May 26, 2023 are sent to email@example.com Attn our director Jorien Janssen. In addition to your CV, we would like to receive a cover letter or video (maximum 1 A4 and maximum 90 seconds) with 'Internship Public & Educational Programs'. The interviews will take place online in the first week of June.