Do you want to work on impactful programs at the intersection of human rights, democracy and an inclusive society? Do you have good organization and production skills? And do you enjoy learning about the work field of an international NGO in a small close-knit team?
Humanity in Action is looking for a Public & Educational Programs intern. (32 hours per week).
About Humanity in Action
At Humanity in Action, we are committed to building a society with strong rule of law. We believe in the power of education to advance human rights, democracy and an inclusive society. As an international non -profit organization, we bring together a new generation of thinkers and doers to engage in dialogue and action. We do this by organizing education programs, such as the Landecker Democracy Fellowship and the Amsterdam Fellowship, public events and trainings.
Humanity in Action Netherlands is part of the international Humanity in Action network with offices in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Germany, Poland and the United States. Together we have built an international network of over 2,700 committed human rights defenders over the past 20 years.
Your role as a Public & Educational Programs intern
In this position, you will work on educational programs and public events at the intersection of human rights, democracy and an inclusive society. You will support our program manager in the content design and production of our programming. The focus will be on the Amsterdam Fellowship 2024, our annual summer program of three to four weeks for students and recent graduates. In this (international) program, we examine from a historical perspective the challenges in our current society, involving citizens' rights, equality and personal freedom.
What will you do?
- You will provide production and logistical preparation for our programs and public events;
- You will maintain contact with speakers, the international group of participants, suppliers and other stakeholders;
- You will help think about how to increase the reach of our programs;
- You will assist in writing fund applications;
- You will prepare program evaluations and collect data for impact measurement;
- You will contribute to reporting and provide clear reports;
- You will support our communications manager and communications intern in creating content for our social media channels and maintaining our website.
What are we looking for in you?
- Content affinity with Humanity in Action's mission and themes;
- Enthusiasm to put together an inspiring and tight program for the Amsterdam Fellowship 2024;
- Organizational talent; you are not afraid to pick up the phone to approach speakers and put together a script with ease;
- Program skills: you are proficient with Canva, Mailchimp, WordPress and Asana;
- Language skills: you speak and write fluent Dutch and English;
- Sense of responsibility; you keep an overview, work in a planned and structured manner.
- Ability to see opportunities and work independently and proactively;
- Flexibility: you can cope with intensive work periods interspersed with periods of less workload. You don't mind taking on work outside your scope of duties when necessary.
We also value a diverse and inclusive team. We therefore particularly invite candidates who would like to contribute to this to respond.
What do we offer?
- An internship position for 32 hours per week from mid-January 2024 to mid-July 2024 (exact dates to be agreed upon).
- A monthly stipend of 350 euros.
- A warm, informal work environment in a small close-knit team. Together with like-minded organizations, we share Amnesty Netherlands' premises in Amsterdam.
- An internship where you will be given a lot of responsibility and thus the space to learn a lot. We are open to your ideas and initiatives to improve our programs and create new programming.
- Collaboration with inspiring people and organizations, from partners to colleagues in Europe and the United States.
Fancy joining our team?
If so, please send your application to email@example.com Attn: our program manager Samar Hashish. We would like to receive a motivational video or letter (maximum 90 seconds and maximum 1 A4) in addition to your CV.
The vacancy closes on Sunday, Dec. 10. Job interviews will take place the week of Dec. 11 to 15.