The Social and Economic Council (SER) is looking for an entrepreneurial intern with an affinity for sustainability, research and policy for the period January to June 2023 (starting in February is also possible).
Info about the SER and the internship
The SER is the main advisory council for government and parliament on socio-economic issues. In the SER, entrepreneurs, employees and independent crown members work together. For the Sustainable Development Committee (DUO), the SER is looking for an entrepreneurial intern who wants to contribute to ongoing work on issues such as biodiversity and water.
What will you do?
For example, you will be engaged in the following tasks:
- Support work of the Sustainable Development Committee.
- Support in doing literature research on topics such as biodiversity and water.
- Assist in the drafting and development of publications and communication statements.
- Support in organizing (expert) meetings with key parties in the sustainability field.
- Keeping up with relevant developments at national, European and international levels and updating the team on them.
We appreciate initiative: if there are relevant topics in the field of sustainable development that you would like to gain more experience in, we would be happy to think with you.
What do we ask?
- You are pursuing a college or university degree in sustainability, economics or similar.
- You have an affinity for developments in the sustainability field.
- You enjoy writing, you are meticulous, and you can work both as part of a team and independently.
What do we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to gain work experience and to be involved in the work of the Sustainable Development Committee (preparing advice and publications on sustainability, doing literature research, organizing (expert) meetings with relevant parties from the sustainability sector, etc.). You will meet enthusiastic and driven colleagues with a lot of expertise. We offer good guidance and give you the space to work independently and take responsibility for it. At the SER you come into contact with many different parties, so you have the ideal opportunity to build your network. In other words: a unique opportunity to gain practical experience! Finally, you will receive an internship allowance of € 652 per month for an internship week of 40 hours and a laptop and phone on loan. We work at the SER hybrid.
This is a collaborative internship of at least 32 hours per week for a period of approximately 6 months. Desired start date: preferably January or February 2022. A different start date or duration of the internship is negotiable. A combination of a collaborative internship and a research assignment is also possible.
Inform and respond
Would you like to know more about the internship? Then contact Rosalie de Bruijn, senior policy officer at 06-82068964. Enthusiastic? Then apply no later than December 11, 2022 using the form below. The introductory interviews will take place on December 13 and 15.
The SDGs are all reflected in research and policy work. We also use the SDGs to look at sustainability issues in an integrated way.