Are you a driven content creator & networker looking for an internship with high social impact? And do you want to participate in promoting and protecting human rights? Then this might be a great opportunity for you!
Justice & Peace strives for diversity on the team. Can you add that diversity? Then we cordially invite you to apply.
To join our communications and fundraising team, we are looking for:
32 hours per week
Start date: as soon as possible, by mutual agreement
Period: +/- 6 months
Justice & Peace is a non-profit organization based in The Hague, dedicated to defending and encouraging respect for human rights and social justice worldwide and in the Netherlands. To achieve this, we work on innovative, positive approaches and create real impact. Through our initiatives Shelter City and Together Here, we bring local change makers together and empower them to contribute to a sustainable, just and welcoming society.
- You will be responsible for creating new content for Justice & Peace's online channels and its programs, in addition to monitoring their results.
- You will align content with the goals and various audiences of Justice & Peace and its programs and ensure that all content is created within the frameworks of our brands and brand guidelines;
- You will support the team in the implementation of the press plan. Examples of your work include: you prepare PR planning and press releases; you update the press list; you collect and evaluate press releases on Justice & Peace, Shelter City and Together Here and share the outcomes and recommendations with the communications team;
- You will support the organization of events and campaigns of Justice & Peace and its programs;
- You will be involved in communications consultations of Justice & Peace and its programs, to ensure consistency in communications across channels;
- You will be involved throughout the organization and think with the communications and fundraising team about possible improvements;
We are looking for candidates with the following competencies and background:
- You are creative and have affinity and demonstrable experience with content creation, including experience with content creation programs such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign (basic knowledge). Experience with video creation and editing is a plus;
- You have a background in media and/or communication studies (or similar); or a discipline related to (international) human rights and experience in communication;
- You have proven experience in organizing events, writing and content creation, including the creation of inspiring and engaging social media posts and text, news articles, photography, video and photo editing, flyers, brochures and other print materials, and WordPress website editing. Campaign and/or fundraising experience is a plus;
- You know how to turn complex messages into understandable and persuasive texts for various target groups through various (online) channels and you know how to quickly master the tone of voice of our brands;
- You have excellent English and Dutch language skills (spoken and written);
- You are a networker and dare to take initiative;
- You can work well together in a team, but also work independently:
- You bring energy to the team, you are flexible, you can manage your time well and dealing with different deadlines is not a problem for you.
We offer you:
- An internship stipend of €444.44 gross per month (based on a 32-hour work week);
- Full travel reimbursement (2nd class public transportation) up to a maximum of 100 km commuting distance;
- A part-time workplace at our great office in the center of The Hague;
- Good atmosphere in a small, driven and international team, where hard work and having fun go hand-in-hand;
- The opportunity to meet and learn from international human rights defenders, organizations and institutions working in the fields of human rights and human rights defenders, international cooperation and migration.
Candidates must have a residence or work visa or be citizens of an EU country to work in the Netherlands. Candidates must be able to come to the office several days a week and have a suitable environment for working from home.
Are you interested?
Then send your cover letter (max 1 A4), your CV, and a portfolio/examples of your designs/written work to Christina Triantafyllidi, Communications and Fundraising Coordinator: email@example.com. Please mention "Communications Intern.
This position will remain open until filled, interviews are ongoing. For more information, please contact us at the above email address.