Are you an ambitious student of (Web)Design, Art School, CMM, or Advertising? And do you get excited about everything related to interior design, remodeling and/or sustainability? Then apply now and come help us grow The Substitute.
Who are we?
We, Machteld and Marieke, are the founders of The Substitute.
The Substitute is the new platform for the sustainable alternative in interior & remodeling. We are a community of sustainable brands, makers & professionals, such as (interior) architects, designers and stylists. The Substitute offers 365 days a year overview, inspiration & knowledge in the field of sustainable living so that everyone can easily make sustainable choices in and around the home.
The online platform is the heart of our community and is driven through our social media channels. The platform has been live since January 2021 and is now growing rapidly. As a Design intern, you will play an important role in this.
What will you do?
- You will have a creative role; where you will be (co-)responsible for the creation of social media content and the design/formatting of our website.
- You layout Blogs and articles beautifully and are responsible for putting together newsletters.
- You work on the continuous improvement of the website flow and come up with new proposals for improvement
- You will help with design of new parts of the site and work out the interaction design for it independently
- You'll learn all facets of The Substitute's marketing and communications mix. From content creation, image editing and community management to PR, email marketing & web editing to posters and floor plans for events.
- Analyze web statistics and suggest improvements
- You will be in contact with our developper about features and improvements to be developed.
What are you offering?
- You are studying (or have just graduated) at the college level in the direction of advertising, design, multimedia design, graphic design or web design.
- You speak and write good Dutch & English
- You have a good eye for images and their expressiveness
- You are a creative thinker, can think in concepts
- You get hot for interior design and design and want to work for a more sustainable world!
- You are flexible, proactive, and enjoy contributing to a growing organization
- You are proficient in Adobe programs such as Photoshop & Illustrator & Indesign
- Pre: you have knowledge of photography
- Pre: Video/photography experience, editing experience
- You live in Amsterdam (or surroundings)
- You are available at least 4 days a week for a period of at least 5 months. Start date negotiable, but what us in early February!
What do we offer?
The Substitute offers you a versatile internship within a fast growing start-up. Within the internship there is room for your own input and we expect a high degree of independence. The internship fee is 300 euros gross per month (40 hours). You will work in Amsterdam (near Amstel Station) in a creative environment with always a delicious lunch!
During this internship, you will rotate into our team as a full member, build your resume and build an extensive network in the sustainable interior and remodeling industry. After a successful internship, there are opportunities for advancement.
We are looking for interns throughout the year (up to 1 design and 1 marketing intern) so have you gotten excited? Nice!
Send your resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com. Still have questions? Ask them in your email!
Acquisition following this vacancy is not appreciated.
The interior design industry has many abuses. Waste, inequality, biodiversity loss, pollution and resource scarcity. In doing so, we touch many SDGs. As a community of many brands and professionals who do produce sustainably, we visibly contribute to the sustainability transition of this (lagging) industry.
- HBO and master's degree