Are you a world beater with an interest in operations and looking for an internship? Then read on!
About The Social Handshake
Doing good is in our nature. When we see poverty or effects of climate change, we want to do something! And yet many people do less than they would like to. That's why The Social Handshake makes doing good easy. We offer WageGift, EmergencyGift and ChristmasGift. With LoonGift, employees can support charities directly from their salary and with tax benefits. Employers can use our fintech platform to involve their employees in CSR, and also become a more attractive employer. With 1000+ users, 170K+ has already gone to charities such as Unicef and JustDiggit, and we are just getting started. So together with employers, employees and charities, we are making the world more sustainable and social.
What will you do:
You will support our COO in:
- the contact with the charities on our LoonGift platform and thinks about how to further tighten our selection process;
- The operational side of LoonGift, including preparing invoices and payment requests for all employers offering LoonGift;
- Contact with employers offering LoonGift regarding LoonGift mutations, invoices and related issues;
- the optimization of internal processes and of payment and control mechanisms; and
- the automation of payments
- Assist the COO in developing operational processes;
- Together with the CFO and COO, you will think about the automation of payments from employers on the one hand and payments to charities on the other;
- You work closely with the team to make The Social Handshake and LoonGift big in the Netherlands, you like to think about this from multiple angles/facets of the startup. Do you have a good idea, let's go!
Who are we looking for:
- You have an affinity for social enterprise and/or the charity sector
- You are proactive, independent, know how to get things done and work well together
- You have WO working and thinking level
- You have an excellent sense of numbers;
- You enjoy making processes more efficient/optimized
- You can handle Excel and/or Exact Online
- You speak both Dutch and English
What we offer:
- Inspiring work environment at a start-up with a driven team and room for initiative
- You will contribute to a better world and work with professionals and do-gooders
- A large network at the intersection of social enterprises, business and charities
- Lots of attention to personal development and fulfilment
- Great workplace at SDG House Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam (working 3 days from home is possible)
- Internship period of 4-6 months, with 6 months preferred. Start date by mutual agreement.
- The internship fee on a full-time basis is €350 (4 days a week is possible)
Wondering how Daphne & Mattia experienced their internships at The Social Handshake? Read here an interview!
Interested? Send an email with your motivation and resume by February 1, 2023 to Willemien@thesocialhandshake.com
- HBO/WO Communication